City services during COVID-19
This information is up to date as of 10 a.m. Thursday, January 7. For updates about City programs and services visit guelph.ca/covid19 or follow us on Facebook or Twitter for updates #COVID19Guelph
No indoor gatherings during province-wide shutdown
- Stay at home, especially if you feel sick
- Do not have visitors in your home, and don’t visit other households. If you live alone, consider having close contact with one other household.
- If you must go out for work, school, groceries, medical appointments or exercise, stay two metres (6.5 feet) away from people you don’t live with
- wash your hands frequently, or use hand sanitizer
- wear a mask or face covering indoors, and anywhere you can’t stay two metres away from people you don’t live with
Get accurate information about COVID-19 from Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health wdgpublichealth.ca.
Report a concern
Visit covid-19.ontario.ca for provincial restrictions, gathering limits and updates.
Call 519-763-3431 to make an appointment at Shopper’s Drug Mart, 7 Clair Road, if:
- you do not have COVID-19 symptoms
- you live, visit or work at a long-term care home, homeless shelter, or other congregate living facility
- you are a farm worker
- you are an international student that has passed your 14-day self-quarantine period
- you require a test for international travel
- you are Indigenous
Call 226-773-1922 to make an appointment at the assessment centre, 400 Southgate Drive if:
- you have COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever etc.), or
- you have had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health tells you to get tested for COVID-19
Do not call 911 unless it is an emergency.
City services during shutdown
City Council meetings
Visit guelph.ca/council to learn when and how to participate in City Council and committee meetings.
ServiceGuelph counter open 9 a.m. to 3 pm. Up to 10 visitors inside the galleria at City Hall. Please use phone or online services if possible, or use the mail slot outside the front doors at City Hall. Marriage licences are issued by appointment only.
Visit guelph.ca/waste for pickup schedules public waste drop-off hours, fees and guidelines.
If anyone in your home is self-isolating due to COVID-19 symptoms, has tested positive for COVID-19, or is isolating due to travel outside Canada, please put recyclables and garbage in bags in your grey cart. Keep using your green cart as usual.
Guelph Farmers’ Market open
Up to 50 shoppers indoors. Visit guelph.ca/farmersmarket for a list of vendors and shopping guidelines.
Guelph Public Library curbside pickup only
All Guelph Public Library branches offer curbside pickup service only. Visit guelphpl.ca for hours and guidelines.
Guelph Museums, River Run Centre and Sleeman Centre closed.
Check out virtual exhibits and experiencesat guelphmuseums.ca.
You must wear a mask or face covering on the bus. Only use transit for essential trips, and do not use transit if you are feeling sick. Visit guelph.ca/transit for schedules and fares.
Several trails are maintained and portable washrooms will remain open all winter. Please wear a mask inside and sanitize your hands before and after use.
Outdoor skating rinks in parks
No reservations needed. Up to 25 people on the ice. No team sports or games. Skaters must wear masks and stay 2 metres away from people they don't live with.
Visit guelph.ca/parks for more information.
Market Square skating rink
The Market Square rink is open daily from 10 a.m.–10 p.m. 45-minute skating sessions start on the hour. No reservations needed. Up to 25 people on the ice. No team sports or games. Skaters must wear masks and stay 2 metres away from people they don't live with.
Check the risk status and the live feed at guelph.ca/marketsquare
Provincial Offences Court
Service counter open 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visit guelph.ca/court for online services.
Recreation centres closed
Visit guelph.ca/recreation to register for winter programs
Looking for local products, services and Guelph-made goodies? Shop local, shop safe at guelphshops.ca.