- Lawn watering – Alternate day and time restrictions (odd numbered address, odd numbered calendar day, even number address, even numbered calendar day, between 7-9 a.m. and 7-9 p.m.). Permits are required for watering new lawns and treated lawns outside alternate day/time restrictions. For permit information call the Outside Water Use line at 519-822-1260 extension 2153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watering trees, decorative (e.g. flower) and food gardens – no restrictions
- Recreational sprinklers for children, splash pads – no restrictions
- Filling residential swimming and wading pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or fountains – no restrictions
- Decorative fountains – must recirculate water
- At-home vehicle washing – anytime; must have shut-off nozzle on your hose
In Level 1 Yellow, bylaw officers will investigate non-compliance of water use restrictions and issue a $130 ticket or court summons per program non-compliance event observed.