Blue is our standard Outside Water Use level. Blue indicates there are no serious storage, rainfall or stream flow issues.
Enforcement: In Level 0 Blue, outside water use restrictions are enforced with a focus on education.
- Lawn watering: Alternate day and time restrictions (odd numbered address, odd numbered calendar day, even number address, even numbered calendar day, between 7-9 a.m. and 7-9 p.m.). Permits are required for watering new lawns and treated lawns outside alternate day/time restrictions. For permit information call the Outside Water Use line at 519-822-1260 extension 2153or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- No restrictions on watering trees, decorative (e.g. flower) and food gardens
- No restrictions on recreational sprinklers for children, splash pads
- No restrictions on filling residential swimming and wading pools, hot tubs, garden ponds or fountains
- Decorative fountains must recirculate water
- At-home vehicle washing is permitted anytime and must have shut-off nozzle on your hose