This position reports directly to the Property Services Supervisor. The position is responsible for providing building and grounds maintenance, renovation and repair services within 30+ County of Wellington buildings, including the Administration Centre, Courthouse, Crown Attorney’s Office, Social Services Offices (in Guelph and Fergus), Libraries, Children’s Early Years Centres, Medical Centres and Police Services.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• One year college certificate in architecture, building science, building construction, building maintenance or a related field.
• Minimum three years of experience or equivalent in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) or general repair work, and knowledge of applicable safety practices.
• Computer skills required in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Building Automation Software.
• Ability to problem solve or to contact appropriate contractors as necessary.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work independently.
• A valid driver’s licence (minimum G2 Class) and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $58,831.50 - $68,835.00 (2021 Non Union Compensation Grid), based on a 37.5 hour work week.
Visit our website at: www.wellington.ca
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #031-21 by Friday, March 19 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.