This position reports to the Manager of Child Care Administration and is responsible for providing clerical support to Children’s Early Years Division and the Director of Children’s Early Years. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing general office administrative support, responding to general inquiries from child care operators, community agencies and the general public.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• High school graduation plus an additional programme of up to six months in office administration.
• Over three months related experience in general office procedures.
• Knowledge and experience working with community agencies and programmes.
• Experience in human services is considered an asset.
• Ability to apply established methods or procedures.
• Excellent customer services skills, with the ability to perform in a professional manner with a diverse clientele.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to maintain accurate records.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentially.
• Excellent knowledge of computers, software, programmes and databases.
• All new or rehired employees must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and agreement of the County of Wellington vaccination requirement, prior to commencing employment.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: firstname.lastname@example.org or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
129 Wyndam st