10C Shared Space (10C) is seeking a detail-oriented bookkeeper to manage all financial aspects of our organization. Your responsibilities will include tracking revenue, expenses, and taxes, as well as producing internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports at the program and the organizational level. This role integrates across various systems and requires someone with immaculate attention to detail, who enjoys working within a fast-paced supportive team environment. We are seeking a team member to hold responsibility for these areas:
1. Maintain all Financial Processes and Records;
2. Report to Project Plan Budgets, including monthly and quarterly project reporting;
3. Member Data Management with a financial and data integrity focus;
4. Interest in supporting the financial capacity of our members through teaching, shared tools and mentoring is a bonus.
You Bring these Experiences and Abilities to the Role:
• Post-secondary education in Business or Accounting, or certification in bookkeeping/payroll management, and/or minimum three years related equivalent experience;
• Solid understanding of double-entry accounting fundamentals including the recording, analysis, and reporting of financial information within various systems;
• Ability to analyze financial and program data, develop processes and strengthen systems using a continual process improvement mindset;
• Immaculate accuracy and attention to detail with strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills;
• A commitment to confidentiality, professionalism and accountability;
• “All In” winning attitude, with a responsive customer-service focus;
• An intrapreneurial spirit with dedication to both teamwork and independence;
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, communication (verbal and written) skills;
• Knowledge of office administration and clerical practices;
• Experience working in a fast-paced non-profit environment an asset;
• Expert level experience with Quickbooks Online, online banking systems and government reporting processes, and experience with existing payment gateways including Quickbooks, PayPal, Stripe and Square and interest in emerging crypto and complementary currencies;
• Advanced abilities in a computerized environment utilizing various software platforms including, Microsoft Excel, Slack, Google Workspace, Eventbrite, WordPress, online scheduling and customer relationship management systems.
Your Role Responsibilities will Include:
• Ensuring member records are current in both QuickBooks and Keela (10C’s customer relationship management system (CRM)) to account for new, existing and lapsed members and provide monthly member statistics and changes as part of ongoing reporting;
• Structuring and maintaining highly organized filing systems (both online and offline) to support financial record-keeping, ensuring accuracy and complete documentation;
• Maintaining an organized and logical Chart of Accounts structure that aligns to project and program requirements;
• Performing day-to-day accounting activities by maintaining records, ensuring timely data entry, completing project and program related billings, compiling and analyzing account information, processing bank reconciliations, processing payments, posting journal entries for all programs;
• Managing accounts payable (AP) and accounts receivable (AR) through various payment gateways to ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and that accounts receivable are received in a timely manner;
• Preparing bi-weekly payroll including but not limited to: updating employee payroll records, entering timesheet hours/overtime/vacation/etc., maintaining accurate employee payroll records, issuing payroll, generating T4s and ROEs;
• Posting of all deposits in accounting software and completing bank runs as needed;
• Generating WSIB, payroll taxes, HST and other relevant government payments and reporting;
• Calculating interest earned, term lengths and maintaining records for 10C’s community bond investment program and supporting systems for 10C’s other social finance programs;
• Supporting purchasing and procurement including estimating and vetting procedures;
• Gathering, organizing and analyzing financial materials and working closely with the Associate/Executive Directors (as well as other project leads) in preparing required reports, budgets and project plans, including compilation of supporting project cost reports and invoice/expenses backup for program funding reports as required;
• Support increasing organization-wide financial capacity in program areas that require specific financial tools, templates and/or trainings for team and 10C members;
• Telephone and occasional in-person client reception, performing or assisting with general office duties and all other administrative duties as assigned.
The lists above represent the mandate of this role and the experience and abilities needed to be successful. We understand not all candidates will have all of the qualifications or areas of expertise listed. If you have approximately 85% of the experience and abilities, or feel strongly that you could do this job well, we would love to hear from you.
Compensation and Details:
• Start date is Monday, August 29, 2022 (flexible)
• Work location is primarily onsite at 10C Shared Space in Guelph
• Work schedule to be determined based on individual schedule and the needs of the role and team. Hours of work will include some evening and weekend work.
• This is a full-time, permanent role based on 37.5 hours/week
• Salary range is $48,750 – $54,600
• To support health and wellness, this role has access to:
o Two (2) weeks vacation on an annual basis, with one (1) day vacation to be added per year of work to a maximum of five (5) additional days of paid vacation;
o Additional time away of up to three (3) paid sick days, and two (2) paid ‘flex’ days off per year to be used at your discretion;
o 10C’s Health Benefits package after 3 months of employment which includes: basic life and critical life insurance, extended healthcare, dental, vision and paramedical services.
Please email your cover letter and resume, specifying Financial Administrator in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter the answer to the question,
“What is your superpower?”
Application Deadline: 5:00pm Wednesday, August 17th, 2022
Interviews will be held the week of August 22nd. Recognizing that the interview process takes time and effort, all interviewed candidates will receive a $75.00 stipend for participating in an interview, including providing samples of work or other follow-up materials. We will also send interview questions in advance to give time to process questions.
Posted: August 8, 2022 Remove: August 18, 2022