An outbreak of COVID-19 declared earlier this month at the Guelph Police Service headquarters is now over, says Chief Gord Cobey.
A total of five officers were reported to have tested positive for COVID-19 since the outbreak was declared on Jan. 4, with another 14 officers identified as being high-risk contacts.
Of the five officers who tested positive, four have since returned to work after self-isolating and the last officer is expected to return as soon as Friday, said Scott Tracey, media relations coordinator for Guelph Police.
All 14 of the members who were identified as being high risk have since completed their self-isolation and have returned to work, said Tracey.
The outbreak was declared to be over on Jan. 14.
During the January meeting of the Guelph Police Services Board, Cobey thanked staff at Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health for their assistance during the outbreak.
“They really helped us when it came to following up with our members – directly impacted as well as isolating," said Cobey.