Share this profile:
The purpose of the Guelph Black Heritage Society (GBHS) is to preserve the historical significance of the former Guelph British Methodist Episcopal (BME) Church building by creating a cultural, historical and social centre within Guelph and Wellington County. The Guelph BME Church building has been renamed Heritage Hall.
The Church has stood at 83 Essex Street since 1880. The Guelph BME was built by formerly enslaved Black individuals and their descendants who arrived in the area via the Underground Railroad.