Public Health Ontario reported 463 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 783 recoveries and seven deaths.
The Sept. 22 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- The new cases include 278 unvaccinated cases, 21 partially vaccinated cases, 131 fully vaccinated cases and 33 cases where the vaccination status is unknown.
- There are 101 unvaccinated people in ICU with COVID-19, as well as 10 partially vaccinated and nine fully vaccinated.
- There are 122 unvaccinated people hospitalized, but not in the ICU, for COVID-19, as well as eight partially vaccinated and 28 fully vaccinated.
- 5,851 active, lab-confirmed cases, down from 6,178 yesterday.
- 299 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 161 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 25 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- There are 112 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,351,311 Ontarians (about 69 per cent of the total population) have been fully vaccinated and another 772,408 (five per cent of Ontario population) have a single dose of COVID vaccine.
- The seven-day average incidence rate by vaccination status is 10.6 cases per 100,000 unvaccinated people, 5.9 cases per 100,000 partially vaccinated people, and 1.7 cases per 100,000 fully vaccinated people.
- The province reported 39,092 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 1.8 per cent positivity rate.
- Of the new cases reported today, 93 are from Toronto, 41 are from Peel, 13 are from Simcoe-Muskoka, and 30 are from York Region.
- Today's new cases include 90 individuals under 12 years old, 44 youth between 12 and 19 years old, 175 people between 20 and 39 years old, 89 people between 40 and 59 years old, 51 people between 60 and 79 years old, and 14 people over 79 years old.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 581,231 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 565,710 recoveries and 9,670 deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, 29,662 people have been hospitalized with COVID and 5,788 of them were in intensive care units.
The cumulative average incidence rate in the province is 3,944.8 cases per 100,000 people in Ontario.
Ontario's average weekly incidence rate last week was 33.4 cases per 100,000 people, which is down by 2.1 per cent compared to the week of Sept. 6-12.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.