The man charged with setting six rural fires in mostly abandoned buildings in Wellington County has been charged with setting a seventh fire.
Wellington OPP said on Tuesday Justin Beal, 28, was also charged with setting a fire at 7070 Fife Rd. In Guelph-Eramosa Township on Dec. 5, 2016.
The seven fires happened within a 15-minute radius of Guelph from September 2016 to February 2017.
He has already been charged with setting the following fires:
• Oct. 14, 2016 house fire at 5230 Third Line, Guelph/Eramosa
• Oct. 19, 2016 house fire at 5292 Third Line, Guelph/Eramosa
• Feb. 3, 2017 shed fire at 6873 Highway 7 Guelph/Eramosa
• Feb. 3, 2017 house and barn fire at 5413 Township Road 3, Guelph/Eramosa
• June 25, 2017 shed fire at 5324 Wellington Road 125, Erin
• June 25, 2017 house fire 8813 Sideroad 27, Erin
Beal was initially arrested in Rockwood in October 2017.
His last court appearance on the initial charges was last Tuesday and he is next scheduled to appear in court on those charges on Jan. 23.
Wellington County OPP and West Region Criminal Operations are continuing with this investigation.
Anyone with any information about these arsons or any other suspicious fire is urged to contact Detective Heidi Pautsch or Detective Mark Allen at 519 846-5930, or contact the Wellington County OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a tip on-line at www.csgw.tips. You may be eligible for a reward from Crime Stoppers of up to $2,000.