The Village of Riverside Glen on Woodlawn Road in Guelph has joined the list of long-term care homes, retirement homes and hospitals in the area with COVID-19 outbreaks.
The facility has one staff member who has COVID-19, says Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health. The outbreak was confirmed April 24. None of the facility's 192 residents have tested positive.
There are now 10 institutions dealing with outbreaks
There have been 15 deaths at long-term care and nursing home facilities in the WDG Public Health's coverage area so far.
Shelburne Residence north of Orangeville remains the hardest hit of any facility in the area, with 39 residents and 18 staff having tested positive so far and nine residents having died.
Norfolk Manor in Guelph has 22 patients and six staff who tested positive. Four residents of Norfolk Manor have died.
Facility outbreaks as of April 28 at 2 p.m. are:
- Caressant Care: one resident.
- Dufferin Oaks: four residents, six staff (one death).
- Homewood Health Care: 14 patients, six staff.
- Norfolk Manor: 22 residents, six staff (four deaths).
- Royal Terrace: One resident.
- Shelburne Residence: 39 residents, 18 staff (nine deaths).
- Strathcona: One staff.
- St. Joseph's Health Centre: one resident, six staff (one death).
- Stone Lodge: one resident.
- Village of Riverside Glen: one staff.