Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario has released the names of 25 winners of a lottery held to determine who may apply for the province's first cannabis retail licences.
The winners, selected from 17,000 applicants, were drawn at 3:16 p.m. Friday and released that evening.
They are largely entrepreneurs, not corporations.
The six winners from the province's west region, which includes Guelph, are listed as:
- Steven Fry
- Lisa A Bigioni
- Ranjit basra
- 2674253 Ontario Inc.
- Santino J Coppolino
- Christopher Comrie
- The Niagara Herbalist
No further information was provided about the winners, including the communities in which they are based.
Readers who possess additional knowledge of the two northern winners are asked to contact our newsroom by email to email@example.com.
Winners now have five business days to submit formal applications with a $50,000 letter of credit and a $6,000 non-refundable fee.
Ontario's first private cannabis stores are expected to open Apr. 1
Until then, recreational cannabis can only be legally sold through the province's government-operated website.
Winners in other parts of the province are:
- Daniel Telio (east region)
- Brandon Iong (east region)
- Patterson and Lavoie (east region)
- Karan Someshwar (east region)
- Anton Lucic (north region)
- Saturninus Partners (north region)
- Heather Conlon (Toronto region)
- Seyedarash Seyedameri (Toronto region)
- Colin Campbell (Toronto region)
- Dana Michele Kendal (Toronto region)
- Hunny Gawri (Toronto region)
- Guruveer Singh Sangha (Greater Toronto Area region)
- David Nguyen (Greater Toronto Area region)
- Tripsetter Inc. (Greater Toronto Area region)
- Alexander Altman (Greater Toronto Area region)
- CGS Foods Inc. (Greater Toronto Area region)
- Gary Hatt (Greater Toronto Area region)