This past weekend, the Marlins sent 15 swimmers 13 and under to Ontario Festivals in Windsor. Ontario Festivals is a junior provincial swim competition that celebrates the end of the short course season. Seventy-four teams with 709 athletes came together to showcase some fast swimming.
Marlins own Jenna Walters smashed the GMAC 100m free record with a time of 58.76 seconds previously achieved in 1987 while capturing a gold medal.
Other highlights of Marlins athletes achieving top 8 in the province:
- Sophia Anstett - 5th 50m Fly, 6th 50m Free, 7th 200 IM
- Alex Gilmore - 6th 200m Fly
- Tia Jankovics - 6th 200m Back, 7th 400IM, 8th 200m Free
- Andrea Luberti - 7th 400IM
- William Parsons - 6th 50m Back
- Jenna Walters - 1st 100m Free, 2nd 50m Free, 400m Free, 3rd 800m Free, 6th 100m Back
- Angela Zhu - 1st 50m Breast, 2nd 100m Breast, 7th 100IM
Relay team of Tia Jankovics, Lily Pierce, Andrea Luberti, Jenna Walters places 4th in the 4x100m Free, 5th 4x50m Free, 7th 4x50 Medley, 8th 4x100m medley.
Congratulations to all of our Marlins on the completion of the Short Course season.
Next up: Ontario Youth Juniors and Ontario Swimming Championships March 5-8.