Doors Open Guelph will be held this year on Saturday, Apr. 21. Mark your calendars for a day-long celebration of Guelph's finest buildings, creative spaces, and artistically or architecturally relevant sites.
Doors Open Guelph has the distinction of being the annual kick-off event for Doors Open Ontario. Presented annually by Guelph Arts Council since 2002, the program showcases and celebrates Guelph’s hidden gems, as well as our great resources, businesses, and creative spaces.
- Tour Guides of historical buildings and creative spaces
- Greeters to meet the public and organize tour group
- Counters to assist the greeter and count participants
- Sweepers to follow the tours and keep participants moving
- *New* Site Captains are assigned a single site for the day. They bring signage and materials to and from their site, ensure volunteers have the information and materials they need, act as liaisons with the organizers, and generally support volunteers.
Regular volunteer shifts on event day are 9:30 - 1 or 12:45 - 4:15. Site Captains deliver materials and install signs at 9 a.m., collect and return them at 4 p.m., and act as liaison throughout the event day.
Volunteer Information and Training: 2018 General Orientation and Information sessions will be held. Those who have signed up or might be interested in volunteering are asked to attend either session. The first will be Feb. 28 at Guelph City Hall, 1 Carden Street, in Room 112 at 5 p.m. and the second on Mar. 20 at 10C Shared Space, 42 Carden Street in the Heritage Room at 5 p.m.
On site orientation sessions will be scheduled for early April, to help familiarise volunteers with their assigned site and practice the tour. Training sessions are typically 1 hour.