Centre Wellington council is set to discuss a request that would allow 166 additional homes to be added to the next phase of development at Storybrook subdivision in northwest Fergus.
Based on building permits issued, 180 units have been constructed so far at the subdivision which is planned to have approximately 1,400 to 1,600 homes at full build-out, Centre Wellington managing director of planning and development Brett Salmon said in an email.
The developer has currently nearly completed the servicing that will allow construction to start on the 267 single detached dwellings and townhouses planned in phase 2A of the project.
Now, the company has requested an amendment to the existing subdivision agreement that would allow it to create an additional phase of servicing for 166 more units. Eighty-four of those would be single detached dwellings, 82 would be semi-detached. In total, the addition would mean phase 2A would encompass 433 homes.
Councillors will consider the request at their next meeting on Monday.
In a report, township staff recommend granting the ask. The proposed lotting plan is consistent with the draft approved plan and zoning bylaw provisions, the report says. The area to be added will connect the Storybrook and Beatty Hollow subdivisions, enhancing connectivity within the two developments, it continues.
The addition to phase 2A would also provided needed lots for single-detached and semi-detached dwellings, the report says. As of the end of June there are only 25 such lots remaining in Fergus' urban centre.