Our Values | Our Story
LJ Turtle Aromatherapy, is located in Guelph, Ontario, which is situated on the ancestral homelands of the Anishinaabek Peoples, specifically the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
My name is Lisa Byers and I am a Certified Aromatherapy Health Professional (CAHP) through the Canadian Federation of Aromatherapists.
My logo and name are inspired by my maternal Ojibwa ancestry. 'Turtle' is a family name; it also represents the Indigenous name for North America, - 'Turtle Island'; the tree represents 'the tree of life' as well as pays tribute to all the natural ingredients that are sourced from our home, earth. A dear friend, Ana Scerri from Malta, designed the logo.
Our aromatherapy products are:
- Packaged by hand in protective & re-usable blue or amber glass bottles
- Made in Guelph, Canada
- Hand-crafted, small batches (ensures quality & freshness)
- Safe and non-toxic
- Free of any artificial chemical preservatives
- Free of any artificial chemical emulsifiers
- Non-toxic, carcinogen-free, pthalate-free
- Made using aromatherapeutic-grade essential oils
- 100% of the total ingredient content is from natural origins
We make every effort to minimize our ecological footprint; we do this by reducing as much packaging as is possible. Blends come with an information card rather than in a box and this information is printed on the box. Please re-use the ziplock bags your blends come in. Thank you!
About our Jewlery Collections
All of our lava stone pieces are handcrafted in-house. We use stainless steel both for its beauty and durability. We found that over time essential oils will breakdown the elastic in a bracelet. And because we hate it when our jewlery tarnishes, we have found stainless steel stands the test of time. It may dull but is quickly and easily revived with a jewlery polishing cloth.