TEA N' TALES
Now in its 12th year, Tea ‘n’ Tales is a free summer-long storytelling series of performances that is held in the Enabling Gardens in Riverside Park.
The performances, geared to seniors and open to all adults, runs every Friday morning from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., beginning on June 28.
Over the 11 years the event has grown in popularity, to audiences that sometimes exceed 150 people on a given Friday. They come to enjoy storytellers from Elora, Kitchener/Waterloo, Brampton, Burlington, and even the state of Wisconsin, along local members of the Guelph Guild of Storytellers.
While many tellers return to Guelph each year, 2019 will see the debut appearance of three high profile entertainers.
Working hand-in-hand with the Guelph Enabling Gardens, donations are graciously accepted during the event. These donations have allowed, amongst other things, for CEG to purchase necessary items to enhance their programmes.
There is very limited seating provided, so audience members are strongly encouraged to bring their own chairs, and to arrive early to ensure the best view. The first 30+ people who bring their own mugs will be treated to a free coffee; organizers do not provide any disposable cups.
- June 28: International performer and Ward 2 Councillor James Gordon, and local teller Brian Holstein.
- July 5: International storyteller, Hamilton’s Michael Williams and Guelph’s Tim Campbell.
- July 12: Toronto’s Lynn Torrie with Guelph’s Ellen Webb & Susan McBride.
- July 19: Brampton’s Judy & Paul Caulfield and Guelph’s own Brad Woods.
- July 26: Guelph folksinger Laura Bird and Elora’s Donna McCaw.
- August 2: First Nation’s storyteller Jan Sherman with local Rusty Dougherty.
- August 9: Toronto’s Sarah Abusarar and Guelph teller Jenny Q.
- August 16: Kitchener’s Kait Taylor and international teller Heather Whaley.
- August 23: The Matson Duo: Guelph’s Beve Matson and Elizabeth Matson of Wisconsin, USA.
- August 30: Two wonderful Guelph tellers, Adwoa Badoe and Sya VanGeest.
For more information, contact Sya VanGeest at email@example.com, phone:519-829-2152