Let’s face it - even the most empowered and confident among us have a feature we’ve considered changing.
It may be a mole or a skin tag, acne or rosacea. Too often, these types of conditions prevent us from feeling like our best selves and in most cases, medical treatments are not easily accessible or even available at all.
Owner Joelle Rodenburgh describes AFYA Skin and Body as the ‘intersection of the revitalizing benefits of touch and technology’, where clients benefit from safe and effective treatments and services not available from their medical doctors.
Traditionally, people would visit a dermatologist to treat acne or have a mole removed, but those conditions may not be considered as ‘serious’ in the medical field. Skin tag removal, for example, is classified as a cosmetic treatment even though the tags can cause physical irritation and emotional distress.
“We know it can be quite challenging and traumatic to someone’s esteem and wellness, so we’re able to give our clients those treatments, and incorporate that missing piece of wellness.” says Rodenburgh, who stresses AFYA’s commitment to providing customized solutions.
For example, “some clients with acne might benefit more from an acne clarifying facial, where others might need an internal solution such as supplements.” Certain services, such as registered massage, or Botox injections to treat TMJ or migraines, may be covered by benefits plans.
AFYA’s Medically-Integrated Wellness solutions are provided by a professional team committed to delivering the highest degree of client care.
“Our nurses and technologists are all Skin Technology Certified, and the best in the industry.”
As an industry leader in Medically-Integrated Wellness, AFYA Skin & Body offers its clients tailored solutions to correct those conditions in the comfort of their beautiful facility in the heart of Guelph.
Now open, AFYA has expanded their beautiful space to include their Glow Spa.
This new luxury spa includes a robust selection of enticing service offerings designed to elevate the client experience and enhance quality of life.
Glow by AFYA services include hand and foot treatments, Glow facials, full body microdermabrasion, RMT massage, lashes & brows, sleep, stress & anxiety reducing services and much more. When coming into the Glow Spa clients are invited to take their time and enjoy the licensed lounge, complimentary refreshments, and access to the Skin Bar - a signature experience, with a hands-on and interactive approach to customizing skin care needs.
“At AFYA, and now including our Glow Spa, we’re filling the gap between medical and aesthetic, to become more of a wellness journey. We don’t believe anybody needs to be ‘fixed’, but certainly people do have things that bring their confidence down sometimes. We want to provide an opportunity to lift them up, educate them, and empower them - and we approach everything as a form of wellness and self-care.”
Clients can choose from a full range of aesthetic and therapeutic services, including state-of-the-art treatments for many conditions not treated at medical clinics:
- MORPHEUS8 SKIN RESURFACING: Treats scarring, stretch marks, signs of premature aging, acne, and many other conditions. Using technologically advanced micro-needling with RF deep heating, this option stimulates rapid regeneration of collagen and resurfaces damaged skin cells. The result is a complete restoration and rejuvenation of the skin.
- JET PEEL HYDRO-FACIAL: Provides deep cleanse, smoothing & plumping of the skin, and lymphatic drainage. A science-driven facial rejuvenation that uses supersonic jet propulsion technology to infuse micro-droplets of customized vitamin solution. Regenerates skin cells and provides a ‘power wash’ exfoliation, lymphatic drainage detox, and needleless infusion of nutrients into the lower dermis of the skin.
- SLEEP MASSAGE: Tranquility Pro-Sleep Massage is designed for those suffering from stress, sleep deprivation or insomnia, helping to induce good-quality sleep. The technique works by stimulating the three most important sensorial pathways in the body: olfactive, using a blend of cedarwood and sweet orange essential oils to ease the mind; tactile, using a soft brush to apply light pressure to the skin and activate sensorial receptors that help the body de-stress; and hearing, using bespoke music to encourage rest. This treatment is performed on the state of the art Sound Resonating bed that uses Vibroacoustic waves to deepen the resting and relaxation state of the body, putting you in a state of pure bliss.
- TARGETED BODY PEEL: A medium grade targeted Chemical Peel offering a deeper exfoliation of a chosen area such as the back, thighs, arms or buttocks. This Peel reduces texture, hyperpigmentation, acne and scarring. A customizable treatment to exfoliate and slough off keratinized skin cells and shed damaged skin for an overall rejuvenated and corrected look.
- LUMECCA IPL COLOUR CORRECTOR: Corrects hyperpigmentation and excess redness, reverses sun damage to promote healthy skin. Intense Pulse Light uses heat and visible light to seek out areas of hyper-pigmentation and excess redness, removing the malfunctioning cells and rapidly regenerating newer, healthier and more evenly toned skin cells.
- LASER HAIR REMOVAL: Specialized laser hair removal technology that uses a patented, one of a kind technique to permanently reduce hair growth in as little as 3 to 5 sessions, while keeping the skin cool, comfortable and safe. Our technology can safely treat all skin types!
- GLOW FACIAL: This purposeful, technologically driven, therapeutic facial is inspiring to the mind, body & soul. Your Glow Guide will professionally analyze your skin and thoughtfully curate a customized facial that will improve skin health by clarifying, toning and brightening. Choose 7 of our 18 specialized facial care steps for a truly personalized facial experience. Customized skin products and innovative skin tools are combined with well-appointed therapeutic movements to replenish your soul, invigorate your mind, and give your skin a dazzling GLOW.
- GLOW PEDICURE: A carefully crafted foot and nail treatment that combines relaxing therapeutics with modern modalities to give you a fresh step, allowing you to always put your best foot forward. This waterless medical grade foot and heel sculpting and nail regenerating foot treatment focuses on both the aesthetic and the functionality of the client’s feet.
Thanks to AFYA Skin and Body and the Glow Spa, Medically Integrated Wellness solutions are available to reach your goals and invest in a life well lived. The first step is to book a complimentary assessment to explore the options that are best for you.
“We are not a ‘one size fits all’ place”, explains Joelle. “We customize our treatments to each client, because we want them to achieve their best results.”
AFYA Skin and Body and Glow by AFYA are located in a beautifully restored 8200 square foot historic mansion at 55 Delhi Street in Guelph.
To book a service or complimentary assessment call (519) 803-7435 or visit AFYA Skin and Body or Glow by AFYA online.