Skye Blue Acres is a 23 acre heritage farm located in Puslinch Ontario 10 mins south of Guelph and 10 mins north of the 401. We are an equestrian facility that offers learn-to ride summer camps for ages 6 - 12 yrs of age and an Equine Experiential Learning center that offers Life Skill programs with horses on the ground. (No riding in those programs)
Operational Guidelines for summer camps have been developed by Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health and Safety. We have a safe, healthy and fun environment for our campers to learn all about horses!
Includes both a learn to ride component as well as our Leadership and Teamwork Equine Guided Learning activities.
Fundamentals of riding:
Campers learn the foundations of riding in a safe but stimulating lesson each day under an experienced instructor. Fun games and activities will be done daily to help campers build their riding skills while having fun with their friends!
In addition to riding campers will also learn:
- Grooming and tacking up their horse
- Horsemanship and how to build a relationship with their horse
- Stable management
- Each camper will have their own horse education workbooks to fill out, colour, draw and dream from.
When we aren’t riding or learning about horses campers will be able to enjoy:
EQUINE GUIDED LEARNING COMPONENT
- Horsey related arts and crafts
- Water games on weather permitting days (not a pool)
What makes our program unique and different from other riding camps is the incorporation of our Equine Guided Learning program. This unique and innovative program is on the ground leadership and teamwork activities that use horses as our partners to explore life skills such as:
- Verbal / Non-Verbal skills • Cooperation
- Understanding communication as a skill
- Plan development
- Individual empowerment, building self-esteem and confidence
- Fair-minded team member
- Understanding team dynamics
- Moving performance forward with effective conversation
- Understanding ethical leadership
- Understanding choices and consequences
- Understanding how we impact others
- Recognizing conflict in a healthy manner
*Camp will run from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
*Due to COVID we are limiting our camp to just 6 campers per session
July 5th - 9th (FULL)
July 12th - 16th
August 16th -20th
Each camp will need a minimum of 3 children a week, if one week is unable to run children will be accommodated where available.
Price : $395 for the week Ages : 6 -12
Campers are required to be 6 yrs of age as of January 2021
Register now online