Public Health Ontario reported 795 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 680 recoveries and five deaths. All five deaths occurred in the last month.
The Sept. 17 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Included in the new cases reported today are 460 unvaccinated people, 53 partially vaccinated people, 213 fully vaccinated people, and 69 cases where the vaccination status is unknown (missing health card data)
- 6,239 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 6,129 yesterday.
- 336 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- Included in the hospitalized patients who are not in the ICU are 136 unvaccinated people, 10 partially vaccinated people, and 30 fully vaccinated people.
- There are 169 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 25 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- Included in the ICU cases are 120 unvaccinated people, nine partially vaccinated people and 13 fully vaccinated people.
- There are 115 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,256,563 Ontarians (about 69 per cent of the total population) have been fully vaccinated and another 805,339 (five per cent of Ontario population) have a single dose of COVID vaccine.
- The seven-day average incidence rate by vaccination status is 10.9 cases per 100,000 unvaccinated people, 6.6 cases per 100,000 partially vaccinated people, and 1.7 cases per 100,000 fully vaccinated people.
- The province reported 33,763 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 2.4 per cent positivity rate.
- Of the new cases reported today, 166 are from Toronto, 77 are from Peel, 29 are from Simcoe-Muskoka, and 71 are from York Region.
- Today's new cases include 133 individuals under 12 years old, 69 youth between 12 and 19 years old, 345 people between 20 and 39 years old, 165 people between 40 and 59 years old, 74 people between 60 and 79 years old, and eight people over 79 years old.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 578,048 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 562,172 recoveries and 9,637 deaths.
Since the start of the pandemic, 29,540 people have been hospitalized with COVID and 5,753 of them were in intensive care units.
The cumulative average incidence rate in the province is 3,923.2 cases per 100,000 people in Ontario.
Ontario's average weekly incidence rate last week was 34 cases per 100,000 people, which is even with the rate from Sept. 1-7.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.